The Alternative Staffing Alliance welcomes all alternative staffing practitioners, whether nonprofit or for-profit, and organizations and individuals who are exploring this enterprise strategy for workforce development or have an academic or policy interest in alternative staffing. We also invite supplier partners who provide quality products and services to staffing businesses and employment social enterprises.
• Practitioner members are fee-for-service staffing service businesses that place and support marginalized job seekers. Membership is by organization, and multiple individuals within a member organization are welcome to participate and fully share all the benefits of membership.
• Supplier Partner members provide quality products and services to staffing businesses and employment social enterprises, and are subject to approval to ensure quality and balance across product and service categories. Membership is by company.
• Associate members include researchers, policymakers, workforce development professionals and other non-practitioners that have a professional or academic interest in the alternative staffing model. Membership is individual.
Practitioner Member Benefits:
Networking and Referral Opportunities
• Access to peer network of practitioners, and facilitated communication for ongoing learning and solutions exchange.
In 2020 we engaged staffing expert Tom Kosnik of Visus Group to lead regional RoundTable calls that are continuing monthly in 2021.
• Discounted conference and event fees. Our 2018 conference attracted some 60 alternative staffing professionals and suppliers from across the country for interactive workshops and informal networking
• Access to biannual Performance Survey report, an analysis of key business and social outcomes data from operators to help ASO managers benchmark their individual results, and demonstrate the sector’s collective scale and impacts.
• Publication of member profiles, news items and industry reports that highlight sector trends and best practices.
• Resource library of case studies and academic research publications.
• Sales and marketing planning guides and other resources
• Educational webinars and other Supplier Partner support to strengthen your business operations.
• Staff resources to research business-related topics
• Email alerts regarding newly published studies and funding opportunities
• Access to sample business forms and documents
Supplier Partner Member Benefits:
• Logo placement and company description on our website
• Links from our Supplier Partner directory to your website
• Opportunity to present educational webinars and participate in virtual RoundTables
• Annual featured web post
• Exclusive opportunities to participate in Regional Meetups
• Discounted exhibitor rates and opportunities to present at our annual conference
• Conference and Meetup sponsorships to further showcase your company
• Opportunity to offer discounted services to Practitioner Members
To be considered for Supplier Partner membership, please contact Janet Van Liere.
Associate Member Benefits:
• Disscounted annual conference fees
• Access to Annual Performance Survey report and other Member Toolbox resources
• Practitioner and other sector news via email updates
• Resource library of case studies and research publications
• Email alerts regarding newly published studies
Practitioner member dues per year are based on the staffing business's annual earned revenues as follows:
Under $250,000 (incl. startup programs)
$250,000 to $1 million
$1 million to $5 million
Over $5 million
$300.00 (Level 1)
$500.00 (Level 2)
$700.00 (Level 3)
$850.00 (Level 4)